Monday 23 November 2009

Meat made her mean, moody and malevolent

I raised Yoshka on organic natural dry food, made with only the absolutely essential chemical additives, and no colouring or hormones. Just whatever was necessary for her good health. And healthy she grew. She had always been a little on the moody side, quite unaffectionate, a little nervous. Then I read that "hey, cats don't go chasing biscuits in the wild, so why feed them teeth-cracking hard kibbits?" And the arguments the websites put forward for organic, free range chicken seemed convincing, even though as a vegetarian myself it was anathema to me. So I gradually changed her over to chicken, and reduced the dry food. And that meat has gradually changed her into a monster. A monster who bit me last night for the first time. If I reduce the chicken now she'll certainly attack me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you - anything cat-related, anything cat-crazy. As this is a family-friendly blog I do need to check the comments first! Thanks for your understanding. Now - get commenting, please.