Saturday 30 January 2010

Dude cat - where's your self respect?




I saw dude cat at the back of the garden yesterday - it's been a good while, and I'm really happy he's here again. I was stepping out of the garden shed and a heavy weight nearly toppled me sideways. Has he grown fat! This is solely the result of his excellent strategy for attracting food when he was lost and lonely: a handsome face, willingness to be stroked and the loudest miaow I have yet to hear from a domestic cat. You simply cannot ignore dude. At once he knows your focus is all on him, then he switches into affection attraction overdrive. So now he is obviously getting buckets of the best food at home he's also getting all the old neighbourhood softies still feeding him. No wonder the owner regular calls by to plead with us not to feed him. Still, I just might be tempted ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you - anything cat-related, anything cat-crazy. As this is a family-friendly blog I do need to check the comments first! Thanks for your understanding. Now - get commenting, please.